Table of Contents
Cleaning out an overloaded attic will prove to be very difficult. It isn’t easy to climb in and out of your attic. There is always a risk that you’re going to fall on your way in or out. Plus, you might drop your items. They’re going to be heavy so moving them in tight quarters will be hard. If you wish to tackle this problem easier, we highly recommend working with us. We’ll remove the unwanted items from your attic and get rid of them immediately.
We’ll Clean Your Attic
At the end of the day, it is easier to let a professional handle the task for you. Our junk removers are qualified, professional, and experienced. They’ve cleared numerous attics and they’re ready to do it again. Once you’re ready to begin, call our office. We’ll schedule you an appointment with a team of our junk removers. Letting a professional deal with your attic junk will make the process quicker and easier. Call us now!
Cleaning Your Attic Often
Ultimately, you should try cleaning your attic often. Remember that this area of your home is often ignored. Unfortunately, this can lead to serious problems. If animals sneak into your attic, they can begin destroying your belongings. You’ll also want to check your attic regularly so you can identify leaks before they worsen. Identify problems swifter by cleaning your attic every six months. Regular cleanings will help you fix leaks quickly, prevent animals from getting in, and avoid overfilling your attic.
Be sure to dispose of unwanted items and sweep to get rid of dust and debris.
Cleaning Your Home’s Attic
Your attic isn’t going to be easy to clean. Therefore, you should set aside plenty of time. You’ll also want to develop a plan so you can be ready to tackle the problem efficiently. When you’re ready to clean out your attic, follow the steps below.
- Start by cleaning our space. Grab items that are going to be easy to move. Move these items out of the way so you can begin rearranging the other items. Get the light items out of your way first.
- Work efficiently. Don’t pick up the same item twice. When you pick up items you don’t want, immediately move them to the junk pile.
- Once your attic is clear of items, clean it. Sweep and vacuum to get dust and debris off the floor. You’ll also need to begin wiping down all surfaces. Don’t forget to wipe any lighting fixtures that might be in the attic.
- Take a good look at the insulation. You can tell if animals have been getting into your attic if you find small holes in the insulation. If the insulation is wet, you likely have moisture issues. Tackle both problems quickly and replace damaged insulation.
- Vacuum the floors multiple times.
- When storing items in your attic, do so with a plan. Organizing your items correctly will make it much easier in the future. You’ll easily be able to locate items when you need them. Remember to never store bulky or heavy items in your attic because doing so could lead to issues.
- Use your space to the best of your ability. You can do this by using stackable containers and shelves. Properly using your space will keep items off the ground and out of your way. Add labels to the containers so you’ll know what is inside.
- Be responsible when discarding unwanted items. When possible, it is wise to donate or recycle the items. You can even try selling them to add money to your wallet. There is always a chance that you’ll have to throw these items away. When this happens, dispose of them properly. Call and get our assistance.
- Schedule regular cleanings. Again, you should clean your attic every six months.
Tips For Attic Storage
When you begin storing stuff in your attic, you need to get the most out of your space. You can’t waste space since it is limited, to begin with. Rely on the tips below to properly organize the items in your attic.
- Create a few cubby holes on your slanted walls. Doing so will allow you to get more from your space.
- Take advantage of old furniture when organizing items. You can store items in your old bookshelf or old clothes in your antique dresser.
- Use shelves to ensure your items are easy to access.
- Try using stackable containers. They’ll ensure you get more from your space while also preventing animals from destroying your items.
- Hang items when possible. Install a few hooks for the best results.
Properly store your items to get more from your space.